We are very excited that this year is a whole school production year meaning every student will be participating. This year’s production, ‘The Eternal Alchemist’, is being held on Tuesday 30th August at Frankston Arts Centre. The cost for tickets is $16.50. On the day of the production there will be a ‘whole school’ excursion to the venue where students will partake in a dress rehearsal. The school will be covering the cost of this excursion meaning it will be free of charge for all students.
Tickets for the production will initially only be available for purchase on our Qkr! App which, if you do not already have this, can be downloaded for free on all mobile platforms or can be accessed by using most web-browsers. For those people in the school community that would like some assistance with any aspect of Qkr! (such as downloading, setting up, processing payments etc) the school will be hosting sessions to offer support where required.
The timeline for ticketing is as follows:
- Tuesday 19th July 2016 – Qkr! Assistance sessions for our school community will be held in the School Conference Room between 08:15am and 09:00am and again that afternoon between 2:30pm and 4:30pm.
- Friday 22nd July 2016 – Qkr! Assistance sessions for our school community will be held in the School Conference Room between 2:30pm and 3:30pm.
- Monday 25th July 2016 – Round 1 of tickets will be made available for purchase exclusively on Qkr! at 10:00am
- Monday 8th August 2016 – Tickets will be made available for purchase in person. Further details will be provided regarding the location and times closer to this date.
- Friday 12th August 2016 – All round 1 ticket sales will close at 4:00pm.
- Monday 15th August 2016 – Round 2 ticket sales will be made available. More details will follow closer to this date.
- Friday 19th August 2016 – Round 2 ticket sales will close at 4:00pm.
- Week commencing Monday 22nd August 2016 – Tickets will be sent home this week. The school will be receiving 1 ticket for each seat from the venue so we will be unable to replace any lost tickets.
- Tuesday 30th August 2016 – Production day including on-site dress rehearsals during the school day. Drop off at the venue will be at 5:30pm, performance to start at 6:30pm (how students should arrive (make up, hair) and what they need to bring etc. will be advised closer to the time.)
Important additional information:
Allocation of seats will be made based on the date and time of your ticket purchase i.e. first in, best dressed. Purchases made on Qkr! are recorded to the second, hence, we are providing Qkr! assistance to our school community to provide everyone an equal opportunity.
- Round 1 ticket sales
We will be restricting round 1 ticket sales to 3 per family. Should any families purchase more than the allocated 3 tickets these will not be assigned to the seating plan. Refunds where applicable will be processed after the production date. Split families will be allocated 2 tickets per parent/guardian. These ticketing restrictions are in place to make it fair and equitable for all and to ensure that we do not over-sell. The theatre’s ticketing policy regarding ages is as follows – ‘Babies/Toddlers aged 2 year and younger will be permitted to sit on an adult’s knee without purchasing a ticket unless otherwise requested’.
- Round 2 ticket sales
Remaining tickets will be available for purchase. These will be allocated with your round 1 seating allocation ensuring groups can sit together. Depending on how many tickets remain will dictate whether there will be any restrictions on numbers per family.
- Recording of the production
The use of any cameras or recording devices is prohibited in the venue. Once again the school has arranged for the production to be recorded professionally. Copies of this recording will be available for purchase on a USB. This can be ordered at the time of ticket purchase for $18.00. Copies will be made available for ordering post production at an additional cost which we expect to be between $22.00 – $25.00.
Closer to the date we will be sending home on Tiqbiz a request for signed permissions to cover legal requirements over the recording of the production, acceptance of copyright terms and permission to attend the dress rehearsal during the day. Should you have any concerns about your child appearing in the recording please ensure you bring this to the attention of their home room teacher asap (masks can be made to cover faces if this is an acceptable alternative.)
Qkr (pronounced ‘quicker’)! is a platform for processing secure online payments and can be accessed via Apps on most smart devices (Android or iPhone/Pad) as well as most web browsers. It has been developed for schools in conjunction with Mastercard and Commonwealth Bank. 65% of Clyde Primary School’s students are already registered for purchasing on Qkr! which is a simple process, as is the purchasing of items. Please see the attached ‘how to’ or the assistance sessions as detailed in the timeline above should you require any support with this. It is not essential that you use a Mastercard or hold a Commonwealth Bank account to use Qkr!. Any card with a Mastercard or visa symbol is acceptable, including pre-paid cards.