Our school zone
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school if there are available places.
For more information, you can:
- visit School zones for answers to frequently asked questions
- call the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA) on 1800 896 950
- email the VSBA at email@example.com
Starting School is a step-by-step guide on how to find, enrol and start a child in your care at a primary school in Victoria.
2024 Foundation Enrolment
The Department of Education (DE) has released a new statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Clyde Primary School.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from the Starting School webpage (available from 24 April 2023).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Clyde Primary School from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
- Fill in a Student Application Form or on the Clyde Primary School Website: clydeps.vic.edu.au by Friday 28 July 2023
- Staff will make contact to discuss your enquiry and book in a school tour
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 24 April 2023)
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
2024 Foundation Transition days at Clyde Primary School
Tuesday 17th October 9.30-10.30 am
Friday 3rd November 9.30-10.30 am
Friday 24th November 9.30-11.00 am
Tuesday 12th December 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
Tuesday 28th November 6:00 -7:00 pm
If you are interested in enrolling at Clyde Primary School, please complete the Student Application Form and return to Clyde Primary School or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a paper form, please contact the school office on 5998 5293.
An enrolment form will be provided when placement is offered. Please note that the Department of Education requires parents to include a copy of their child’s birth certificate, visa details (if applicable) and immunisation certificate when submitting your enrolment form.
Our school follows the Department of Education’s Enrolment Policy for the enrolment, placement, and transfer of students.
Students who live within the school zone are guaranteed a place at our school. To find out whether you live in zone, visit findmyschool.vic.gov.au
All other applications will be considered subject to available space, and prioritised according to:
- students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time
- all other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.
Parent Payment Arrangements
Schools provide students with free instruction to fulfil the standard Victorian curriculum and we want to assure you that all contributions are voluntary. Nevertheless, the ongoing support of our families ensures that our school can offer the best possible education and support for our students. We want to thank you for all your support, whether that’s through fundraising or volunteering your time. This has made a huge difference to our school and the programs we can offer.
Within our school this support has allowed us to provide a wider offering of subjects and special curriculum experiences; enhanced digital learning opportunities; hands on and engaging resources including the purchase of musical instruments and electronic robots for computer coding. Your ongoing support is appreciated, and we are grateful for any contribution you are able to provide towards financial contributions for 2023.
For further information on the Department’s Parent Payments Policy please see a one-page overview attached or for the detailed policy go to https://www2.education.vic.gov.au/pal/parent-payment/policy.